2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 inch knob of ginger minced
2 teaspoon HSS Jollof Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt and pinch of red pepper flakes
1 carrot diced
1 medium sweet potato cubed
100g sliced button mushrooms
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
3/4 can chickpea drained and rinsed
3/4 cup water
1 Cup raw rice
2 spring onions washed & sliced
Handful of spinach (chopped) Chopped dill and wedge of lemon to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and dice sweet potato into cubes into 1 inch pieces. Rinse and dry with a kitchen towel.
- Place diced sweet potatoes into oven tray, sprinkle 1 teaspoon HSS Jollof Seasoning, pinch of salt, rub together and drizzle on 1 Tbsp olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to instructions.
- In a pot, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, tomatoes and mushrooms, cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add drained chickpea, carrots and remaining teaspoon of HSS Jollof Seasoning, pinch of pepper flakes, salt and water. Stir well, cover to simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Once rice is cooked drizzle in a little olive oil and chopped chives, set aside.
- Once stew has simmered, add roasted potatoes, spring onions and spinach, cover, mix well and take off the heat. Allow to stand for 3 minutes before serving with rice and garnishing with lemon wedge and chopped dill.