1 medium sweet potato rinsed, dried, and cut into 1inch cube
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 medium carrot cut diagonally
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon each of salt and cracked pepper
Chopped dill to garnish
TAHINI SAUCE INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons water
juice of 1/2 small lemon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line an oven tray with parchment.
- Pour the cubed sweet potatoes into tray, sprinkle 1 teaspoon HSS Jollof Seasoning, pinch salt, rub together and drizzle on 1 Tbsp olive oil. Put into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- In a pot heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, green and red peppers, cook for further 3 minutes.
- Add drained chickpeas, 1/4 teaspoons each of salt cracked pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon HSS Jollof Seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Stir well and cover to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the creamy sauce, thin down with extra water or lemon juice if it appears too thick, set aside. Wash and cut lemon into wedges.
- Take sweet potatoes out and stir through the chickpeas. Cover and take off the heat, cool down slightly
- Spoon chickpea hash into a plate, drizzle with creamy tahini sauce and garnish with chopped dill and lemon wedge.